About the Indiana Water Ski Association
The Indiana Water Ski Association represents organized water skiing throughout the state of Indiana. Its purpose is to promote organized water skiing and encourage water safety while cooperating with members of the local civic groups and working through state and local government.
- To promote the sport of water skiing in the state of Indiana.
- To promote coordination, understanding and safety among skiers and clubs throughout the state.
- To effectively promote and coordinate various types of water ski tournaments held within the state.
- To set up rules and regulations governing state championship tournaments.
- To certify records and performances in state championship tournaments.
- To render assistance to clubs in promoting waterskiing tournaments and events.
- To do whatever else may be necessary to promote the best interests of waterskiing in the state.
We are the state-level extension of the national governing body, USA Water Ski. Our structure is similar in that we are governed by a board of directors elected each year by the general membership. We operate as a 501C3 with officers and a budget and the board meets 5 times per year with general membership meetings twice a year. Our membership consists of approximately 250 competitive water sports individuals who pay dues to our organization as well as to the national governing body USA Water Ski.
IWSA sanctions all tournaments and clinics held in Indiana. Each year we hold clinics on safety, judging and scoring, boat driving and participant fundamentals. We also serve the many sport disciplines involved in water sports; 3 event skiing (slalom, trick, jump), wakeboarding, knee boarding, disabled skiing, bare footing, Collegiate water skiing and Junior Development and each of these divisions has a seat on our board of directors.
We have corporate sponsors who help to support our efforts; Methodist Sports Medicine, M.D. Boats, Lake George Marina, PineCrest Marina, and Bart’s Water Ski Center.
We publish one annual newsletter for our membership. We are continually attempting to increase our media exposure so as to bring more people into the sport of organized water skiing.
All of our officers, committee chairs and web masters are unpaid volunteers who give their time to help promote organized water skiing in Indiana.